Imagine if you could use those credit cards for the upcoming holiday season and don’t have to pay interest. Hmm, great idea, isn’t it?
Google doesn’t control the Credit Card companies (yet!), but their latest product Google Checkout can at least get retailers in the spirit.
To celebrate the holidays, we’re offering merchants free transaction processing using Google Checkout through the end of 2006.
- From November 8 through December 31, 2006, we’ll process all of your Checkout transactions for free, even if you aren’t an AdWords advertiser. If you’re already an AdWords advertiser, we’ll process your Checkout transactions for free regardless of what you spend on AdWords.*
- Valid Checkout orders you receive during the promotion will automatically qualify.
- There’s no limit: we’re processing all of your Checkout sales for free.
- You can take full advantage of this promotion by encouraging your buyers to use Google Checkout on your site.
So, to sum up what Google is doing to promote this tool, they have taken two big steps in getting online retailers excited about Checkout:
- Offering 10% Credit for AdWords advertisers.
- Offering Free processing for everyone.
They have also made strides to get online buyers to get excited too:
Giving a $10 credit for purchases of $30 or more.
Great marketing Google.
Online retailers, here’s to a fee free holiday season!